I occasionally consult NPR to get a quick shot of news on way to class each morning. I recently heard on morning edition an interesting story about the future plan for Chrysler to join Fiat. The U.S government has forced Chrysler to pair up with the Italian car maker Fiat. By next year, all Chrysler models will be a blend of the two makes. If you think that this is the first time this happened, think again. Chrysler is currently paired up with a German manufacturer: Daimler. I thought it sounded familiar. If you have ever been to Europe, you have probably seen a Fiat driving around. These cars are very compact and cramped. Its hard to imagine what kind of cars are going to be produced.
On the bright side, it might be a savior to Chrysler. A sporty and well designed Chrysler with some Italian engineering sounds exciting. The Italian Fiat can help lead the way to better gas mileage and quality. I agree NPR is a great resource for news. The station does a thorough job presenting the news and also providing analysis and background information. It seems the station is doing quite well with 13 million listeners some of whom are outside the United States.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment